It’s hard not to feel the pressure to jump onto the 2016 healthy wagon in the new year. Especially if yes, you did eat, drink and feel merry over the holidays so as a result put on a few unwanted pounds. But what if you don’t want to drown in a kale and cabbage broth diet? Well, neither do we. Introducing EatFirst’s meals for a happier January!
Over the holidays, we’ve perfected meals that are packed with fresh, full-flavoured ingredients you love. Including some home comforts, street food classics and desserts to die for! Not to mention we have a large variety suitable for meat eaters, vegetarians and even dairy-free foodies. Here’s a preview of what you can expect this month:
Brand New Meals
- Pork Belly Bao: Confit pork belly is glazed with our hoisin-chilli sauce and served in a steamed bao. Paired with sriracha mayo, chilli, coriander, pickled carrot and daikon. These buns are perfect for sharing but watch out, there may be a fight to the death for the last one…
- Short Rib Ragu Tagliatelle: British short ribs are braised in a rich tomato and red wine sauce until fork tender. The meat is then hand shredded and tossed with fresh tagliatelle. Served with lemon zest and parsley, ready for you to sprinkle on top.
- Kabocha Soup: Our homemade creamy soup is sure to warm you up this Winter. A blend of roasted kabocha squash, miso and ginger form the soup base, finished off with spring onion and our savoury toasted nut mix, for a bit of crunch. Served with a slice of freshly baked bread and a touch of miso butter.
- Honey and Pine Nut Tart: An Italian classic, featuring toasted pine nuts and honey in a sweet tart shell, with a touch of whipped cream. Perfect for tea time, but also makes a delightful dessert!
- Vegan Balti Curry: Sweet potato, yellow peppers, baby spinach and beluga lentils are simmered in a classic balti curry sauce. This vegan dish is paired with a fragrant basmati pilaf and sweet mango chutney.
- Jamaican Jerk Chicken: Grilled jerk chicken leg, served with beans and rice pilaf and creamy coleslaw.
These meals will be on our menu throughout January to provide you with a happier lunches and dinners. Feel free to pre-order from our daily-changing menu on our app or www.eatfirst.com.